‘Wind in the Willows meets MASS EFFECT’
Welcome to VANGUARD Varmisk Fallen
This rpg of sci-fi high adventure is designed for young and new players and experienced players alike.
With rules that can adapt and grow with the experience of the players, VANGUARD is great as a RPG introduction or, the game on which to build an in-depth space opera campaign of epic proportions.
The core rules cover:
- Character generation (6 unique species, 16 vocations, pages of talents, assets and cool gear)
- Core rules (task resolution, combat, damage and what happens if you get spaced)
- Droids (use a template or make your own)
- Vehicles (with pages of standard vehicles in the VANGUARD galaxy just waiting to be tailored to suit your character’s needs)
- Hacking (easy to learn, fast to play, rules for hacking anything; data nodes, droids, security doors – you name it)
- Esperence abilities (master the power of the universe itself through your mind and will. Melt metal with a thought, influence another’s thoughts and emotions, protect yourself and your friends with the power of the elements and even command technology without any tech know-how!
- The Varmisk Fallen galaxy, a ready to play galaxy, just waiting to be explored by your intrepid adventurers – and a galaxy wide alien threat to keep them on their toes! So what are you waiting for? Grab your power-armour, your laser carbine and your trusty 2Do droid and take the adventure to the stars and beyond.
- All this and more in a full colour 128 page book, packed with sci-fi awesomeness.
Adding to the information covered in the core rule book the expanded rules contain:
- New information on Ashen and the VANGUARD universe
- 11 new species for player characters and npcs as well as species specific talents
- And over a dozen new general talents
- More gear, including gear talents adding a whole new level of versatility and awesome to your armour, weapons and tech
- New powered armour
- Supportware for hackers and rules for fly-wi hacks, mazegates and generating nodes on the go for GMs
- New esperance abilities to expand on those from the core rules
- Introduction of full-body prosthetics, and rules for remote puppets
- MAULs! with rules for designing, piloting, fighting and MAUL talents and gear
- Starship rules, how to design them, tailor them, pilot them and keep them in working condition
- Space combat, from individuals to starship fleets, battling it out amongst the void of space
- Tables for astral and planetary surveys, scouting and resource gathering to make your fortune as a rogue trader or mining magnate
- Creation of cryfuses, adding a whole new element to your gear, personalising them and making them legendary
- Guidelines to help new GMs cover some of the more difficult social interaction of roleplay between PCs and NPCs
- Persons of Interest list and a few unique NPCs to use in your games
- As well as all new information, tech sheets and opponents from the tanarii threat.